Sunday, 3 March 2013
The Quran - Wisdom Further - The Ecumenical World
In being interested in ecumenical work for "a while", also with Nelson Mandelas blessing/marriage into three different religions, the Islam, the Judaism, and the Christian, I have obtained two Qurans, one by Rev. J. M. Rodwell, from the Gutenberg Project, and one with the sponsorship from Saudi-Arabia, by Dr. M. T.-ud-D. Al-Hilali and Dr. M. M. Khan.
I consider the one by Dr. M. T.-ud-D. Al-Hilali and Dr. M. M. Khan, the best, its title is "[The Quran]" - "Interpretation of the [M]eaning of the Qur'an in the English Language".
I'll add a few notes on this as we go along, but let's start with some suggestions on improvements:
1. My opinion is that "Surah" is to be included, and that "Surah" = "Chapter" can be added as remark below the Surah-index.
2. One should /not/ distort the sequence of the Surahs, like in the version by Rodwell.
These two are the formal ones I have now. If I find more, I'll note it here.
The content and interpretation apart from the technical translation issues:
1. I also would like you to know, in the same breath, that the Quran is truly a friend. Even though it contains a toughie "man-to-man" message to the Torah-reading Jews (also Taurat), it's exactly this, "we are brothers in religion, of wisdom from the Heavenly powers, man!"
There's more too that has sympathy in it, because I think it looks inviting "to all the heavenly directions", and if the man, the Messenger from Allah would be here with us up to recently, if not NOW, then he would mention Buddhism and Hinduism too, I'm so sure!
But travellin' was hard back then and this fact may well have lead to various religious books developing own societies with own cultures and the rest... This probably spells out by the reading of the Quran and I think you know it!!!
2. (There are instances of the word, "Bahai" in the Quran.)
3. (the rest that I can come up with...)
Over the quarrel(?) with the U. S. Americans I side with the Muslims, that the Christian U. S. American side has lost in that the Muslims say that the Quran is correct too!!! I'm going to look into this, but as I've now declared the ecumenical work and I consider every (of the 9) religious work as important, there can be no doubt, every religion (9 to start) is important and is correct by its particular message, delivery from our ancestors, (usually/always) including the 4 components of ethics, meaning, description of infinity, description of how this infinity is achieved, a kind of metaphysical workings by this "super-power of [God, put in your name of Buddha and others]".
Happy reading to you too! Cheers!
Note: My text may be difficult and is not recommended for people who are impatient or who have general troubles with text of standard formatting, fx. 12 pt. and Arial. Please see Chicago Manual of Style.